zaterdag 11 december 2010

interpretations

I’ve once heard the lyric:  “you’ve got me screaming insecure’
I loved the band but that doesn’t matter right now
I could understand how that must feel
I was on highschool and I was getting to know myself a little bit more
And this search for myself had some up’s and some downs
And that made me really insecure
I always felt like there was nothing I could do
I always seem to mess up big time
I could study as hard as I could
And still get bad grades
I always tried to be the best in everything
And to be honest
I wasn’t good at anything
But hey I found myself
And I’m still figuring myself out a little bit more everyday
But at that moment I think I was the most insecure girl at school
But listening to that same song again I hear the lyrics differently
Sure I still want to be the best and change the world
And make everything better
But now I know I probably won’t
So that doesn’t make me insecure anymore
But knowing that you are out there
Doing your own thing
Probably dating some other girls
Having fun with your friends
Or thinking about me
Telling me sweet things
That’s what makes me insecure
So now I know the feeling
Maybe even more than I did a few years ago.

 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten